Friday, August 27, 2010

Last First Day of School

Like my title says, yesterday was my last first day of school. Sob! :) Just kidding.  I remember while growing up, my parents would take us out to McDonalds after our first (and last) day of school.  It was something I always looked forward to.. Don't worry...I didn't buy McDonalds yesterday. Be proud. :) 

It's a very bittersweet start to the semester for me.  I'm going to miss it here.  I'm going to miss living with my girls.  I'm getting married in 273 days...who's counting? :) I'm ecstatic for married life and my future as a wife and eventually as a mom.  I'm excited to sign "Mrs. DeLaruelle" on my letters home to my student's parents and on my personal checks.  I'm just ready for the next step, but I'm savoring this year like a big piece of Trobolone chocolate.

Speaking of chocolate.... :) Yesterday's meals and snacks are as follows:

Breakfast
coffee and an organic oatmeal bar

Lunch
Turkey wrap with banana peppers, onions, low fat mayo & low fat honey mustard.  I think I'm going to try to lay off the sauces.  They're really unnecessary calories.  That's my aim for when eating at "The Nut." ;)

Dinner
Hummus, cucumbers, 4 blocks of cheddar cheese cubes, and reduced fat Cool Ranch Doritos.

Snack
Two more oatmeal bars and a package of fruit snacks (the unhealthy kind..)...Aunt Flow is about to visit, so I've been extra hungry lately. :-/

BUT I also..............WORKED OUT! whoo hoooo!!! 30 min. Cardio.  I also have been walking everywhere on campus too.  I live about 1/4 mile away from campus, so I probably walk a total of > a mile.

Thank you again for encouraging messages.  If any health nuts wanna share their advice/tips, I'd love it. :)  I've gotten many messages about being inspired to start being healthy/loving your body again.  Let me know how exactly you're going about that.  I can post it on here to help encourage other people. Whoop!  Plus, I'd love to hear specifics on how God is talking to you specifically through reading this. :)

Love you all! Pray that I can be strong through my hours working at the coffee house- that place is a sin playground for me!!

EEK! I forgot to add something :-/  Speaking of coffee houses- I told myself I don't want to drink anything but coffee from the coffee house where I work.  The drinks have a RIDICULOUS amount of calories in them.  I had a vanilla ice rage (frappucino) last night!!!! I felt guilty afterwards, and it didn't even taste that good.  So I'm for real done now.  I'm not saying I'll never have a sip of a friend's, but I'm not drinking anything from there of my own! Pray for me!

Today's Verse-
Ephesians 3:20
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."

The power of Christ lives in me.  I've been learning a lot about the power of the name of Jesus.  I've also been learning that this is a process.  It's not going to happen overnight.  Everything is a process. :)

I'm going to post a link that shows how powerful and big God is.  After I watched it, I felt so small and taken care of.  He cares about me and I'm just a tiny little "nothing" that God considers "everything."  :Sigh: We'll get into how much we all matter to God probably tomorrow because God has been pressing heavy on my heart to share how much he absolutely adores each person who is reading this. As for now, watch this awesome video. :)

Be humbled.
<3
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ya12I036lg

1 comment:

  1. Arielle, I'm so excited for you! All of the changes in your life that are coming up... it's an incredible and exciting time! I am also working on getting healthier and stronger. I'm watching what I eat as well as doing Water Aerobics. It's incredible the workout that you get with the added resistance of the water...all while being supported by the water itself. If you haven't tried it yet, I strongly recommend it. It's working great for me! *HUGS*
    Kelly Robles

    ReplyDelete