Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 2

YESTERDAY WAS SO GOOD!!! Whoo hoo! :) First off, YOU GUYS WHO ARE READING ROCK!! I get at least one encouraging facebook message a day...it seriously is awesome.  My uncle called me last night [which I have to call him back!!] and he said that he's starting a blog of his own!!!!! He lost over 60 lbs (maybe more???) on Weight Watchers.  He's got awesome tips for cooking and other SUPER helpful advice, so when he starts his blog, I'll probably post it so you guys can read his helpful advice.  :)

Let me just say that IT IS SUPER HARD TO BE HONEST ABOUT WRITING EVERYTHING I EAT! With that said, I appreciate that my honesty is appreciated.  Being accountable to all of you really is helping me watch what I put in my mouth.  I love that everyone is being encouraged through this. (Including myself!) :)

Yesterday (day 2) I ate:

Breakfast-
Coffee
 EGGS! (that's right people...eggs.)  I used a table spoon of extra virgin olive oil, and a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash. YUM!
A handful of grapes.

Lunch- A wheat wrap filled with delicious veggies (olives, cucumber, pickle, banana peppers, green peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, and lettuce.  I also had the guy put a splash of oil and vinegar on it for me.) 
An orange.

Snack-
Two handfuls of grapes

Dinner- A delicious hamburger that my handsome fiance made for me :)

One of my friends brought over chocolate chip cookies, so I had one.  ONE! (Better than the day before....)

***I haven't been drinking pop!  It really isn't good for you, so all you pop (and sugary juice) drinkers, join me on the water band wagon! :)  My future mother in law (who I'm in love with) told me that crystal lite has the same chemical in splenda which makes you crave sugary foods even more! So even though there's less calories and it makes water taste yummy, I'm not using crystal lite anymore.

I love making healthy choices! Lol I just read over that and I sound like I could frolic in a field of lillies, but I'm serious! I feel so much better.  I feel good about the food I put into my mouth because it's thought out (because I know I'll have to report to you all..) I also feel good about this because I'm not doing this on my strength.  My really good friend lost her brother tragically in a car accident last winter.  She's taught me so much since then about desperately relying on the strength of God.  She said something that will forever be etched into my heart.  She said, "Arielle...the greatest feeling is when you know God is using you in your weakness because it's not you, it's Him that's doing all the work when touching people's lives.  Then HE gets all the praise."  Wow.  She was able to share her testimony this summer to hundreds of teenagers about how God has rocked her from her brother dying.  She explained to me that it was only by the strength of God that she is who she is today (who is an amazingly strong woman of God.)  That is the strength I'm leaning on to be freed from this gluttony and self-hatred.

Today's verse of encouragement:
1 Corinthians 10:31
"Whether you eat or drink, in everything that you do, do it for the honor and glory of God."

Sometimes "churchineese" words frustrate me..glory? Honor?  What does it mean to do something for the honor and glory of God? It was once explained to me that doing something for the "glory of God" means to do something that will show what God is like to people who don't know you.  When you glorify God, you're imitating God, what He would do, what His character is like, etc.  God is perfect, and obviously perfection is unreachable (which is why Jesus died on the cross for our imperfection.  He was perfect, so He was the perfect one to die and raise again so we can be free!)

Galatians 5:1 says, "It is for freedom that Chris has set us free." What?! :) That seriously makes me want to do my Jesus dance (if you haven't seen it, you can ask...I might demonstrate for you..hehe) :) The whole purpose of Christ dying on the cross was for LIFE, for FREEDOM.  It wasn't meant to be all these rules and regulations of tasks that we HAVE to do and certain ones that we CANNOT do.  Christians (which literally means imitators of Christ) should just live out 1 Corinthians 10:31- whatever we do, do it to "imitate God."  Do it because you love Christ and His sacrifice.  Be in awe of it. When you genuinely just love God, the "actions" come with it.  I love Jesus Christ with all of my being.  I'm not perfect, but I have a perfect creator.  I've been learning about freedom from Beth Moore's study "Breaking Free."  I highly recommend it!  It fires me up. :)

:Sigh:  I think that's all for today.  I hope that, like me, as you're falling in love with your body, you're falling deeper in love with the One who created it.

Be in awe.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment