Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 1

I was so encouraged by the messages I received from women who read my blog! Here I am trying to be an encourager, and then I get SO encouraged and blessed. Thanks for that. :) A girl that goes to my school asked if I wanted to be her workout buddy. [Which was supposed to start this morning, but I set my alarm for p.m. instead of a.m. on my phone! STINK!] My cousin, who majored in exercise science, messaged me and gave me a bunch of pointers for a diet that's called "Paleo."  It's a "Caveman" diet...so a lot of meat, nuts, fruits and veggies.  No wheat or anything that is "man made."  That includes coffee.  I love coffee!! I'm honestly at the point of being dependent on coffee, I need a cup in the morning or else I'll get a migraine. :-/  I feel like I need to give up coffee, because of that, but I love it too much.  I love to wake up, get out my Bible and journal and have my Jesus time with a cup of coffee.  To me, that is a perfect start of a day.

Yesterday, my roomies moved it.  It was also the first day that I was going to write down everything I ate.  One of my spiritual gifts is that I'm very hospitable.  I love to make the house nice when people come over, or make cookies as they're moving in so they can smell "home."  It's something I learned from my mom. :) Anyway...I made cookies....so I ate cookies! Well here's the run down of what I ate yesterday.

Breakfast-
NOTHING! I know this is TERRIBLE! So all you health freaks (Carrie) don't have to yell at me. :-) I know! :)  I did drink coffee though, which is probably worse than not having anything. :-/

Snack-
3 chocolate chip cookies
(plus some dough....) :-/

Lunch-
A turkey, cheddar and veggie sandwich with Reduced fat Doritos (and water!) I'm trying to back away from pop! That's my first big thing that I'm completely giving up.  I don't even like it that much, I just drink it because Zack does. :)

Dinner-
Ok guys, don't hurt me....or maybe you should! I had a Junior deluxe, a junior curly fry, and a junior vanilla shake from Arby's!
EEEEK!
FAST FOOD?!! That's the first time I had fast food in a while! And it would be yesterday when I HAD to write it down!! Dang. 

What I'm hearing from God is to not give up.  I actually feel encouraged.  I went to bed last night feeling super discouraged, but I was looking forward to working out in the morning.  That failed as planned, but I'll just go by myself.  I plan on doing 30 minutes of cardio and some weights.  I'll write tomorrow and tell you what I did specifically.

Choose Life.

"Forget what is behind, and strain toward what is ahead." - Philippians 3:13

I'm going to forget about the fast food yesterday.  It's not an excuse for me to eat like garbage today.  I'm not giving up.  I'm going to allow God to change my life.  I can't do this on my own. Walk with us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment